Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mum's the Word

Worst audience ever.


Thanks for rejoining us for the second installment of One Million Nooboos.  We've made some tactical changes, but I'll let Melinda share those with you.

Commitment Issues are one thing that hasn't changed.
 No, Gussie, not marriage.  Anything else.  Everything else.  No rings!

I've continued pursuing Gussie Bell, my Bell of a beau, but I really hadn't intended for things to move so quickly.  I'm getting ahead of myself, though.  Better take a few steps back.

After I drank my Age Freeze Potion and knew I'd be around for awhile, I began to focus on finding the first of the fathers I'd need.  Still, I thought Gussie might feature in my long-term plans, so I made sure to call every day before 9am when, it seems, the residents of Appaloosa Plains start drinking, calling my beloved away from my attentions and down to the saloon.  I was having a little trouble, though.  I called Gussie every day, but our friendship wasn't growing at all.  I can't imagine why not!

After a lot of fulfilled wishes, I was finally able to purchase Long Distance Friend.  Guaranteed that our relationship would never decay, I was able to put my daily stalking chats to good use in advancing our friendship.  In no time at all, we were friends!

I've never used stairs before!


I live in an Escher sketch.

My house is coming along nicely.  That is to say, since my worldly possessions at the beginning were a trash can, a mail box and a diploma, I think I'm doing just fine.  Monkey's mad rock hunting skillz have made sure we don't go hungry.

I'm very happy with the progress of Melinda's home.  This house has been in my head for awhile, begging to come out and be built.  The second floor as it exists in this picture is a library with a powder room adjacent.  The open room is a kitchen/dining room/playroom.  Underneath the library, fully enclosed, is a foyer, laundry room and computer room.

Monkey and Mia continue to thrive.

Flirting with Seymore.
 For those of you not yet playing Appaloosa Plains, Seymore Cole is the best maid ever.

It's a good thing we live at the end of a dead end road.

Monkey has a wish locked to catch a burglar.   He would like to specify that he is only interested in the daytime variety.


Our new hedgehog, Malibu.

I wish I could remember what this is actually a picture of.

As for me, I've maxed cooking.  Skilling hasn't really been my primary focus, however.

Nothing like a skill bar and a plumb bob to ruin a beautiful shot.
  
Finding a father for my first child has not been easy.

   Apparently, the Falls get few visitors.  This one happens to not be male at all.


This one was not only female, but also trying to upstage me!


Female.  Love her look, but she won't suffice.


Wait!  What's that?!  It's a man!


Sadly, he's a paparazzo, so he's not tipping.  Grrr.


Apparently, he's also a little off balance.  One foot on the pond, the other in the rock.  I want to give my child a better chance at understanding prepositions than that!


What this?  A man?  A non-paparazzi man?  Staring at a turtle?  Yes!  That's what this is!  And this is all he did for several hours before he left without tipping me.


This just isn't going to work.  If this were Sims 2, someone would be along to any community lot within a couple days to tip a guitar player.  In Sims 3, however, it seems these remote lots just aren't very popular.  Or there are no Anglers in Appaloosa Plains.  Either way, in two solid weeks of playing guitar at Cinnamon Crest Falls, Melinda met a dog, a horse, three women and three men, none of whom paid the slightest attention to her.

I was kind of anxious to get moving, y'know?


Um, well, hello there, little partner.  Just havin' me a drink here.  Miss Mott invited me to visit.  Haven't known her too long, but I think she has designs on me.  Dunno how I feel about that just yet, but . . .

 Miss Mott, can I ask you a question?  Is it really appropriate for me to me sittin' here in your boudoir not entirely dressed?  We ain't married, and I do miss my hat.

 Oh, right, I see, well, then, now that you put it that way, woohoo!

The woohooium I'd had smelted totally worked.  Gussie and Melinda were friends, but only just.  I wasn't entirely certain he'd accept her invitation to visit.  Nonetheless, he accepted the try for baby.  No foreplay, I didn't know if he'd accept that.  Just try for baby.


 It totally worked.

Three days later . . .

 Ow ow ow ow ow!  What's that?!

 OUCH!  What's happening?!  Yowsers!

 Oh,  I think I know what it is.  I'm having a baby.

 O M G !  She's having a baby!

 Arf!  Arf arf arf!  Rarf!  Ruff ruff arf!

Translation: O M G ! She's having a baby!

 And have a baby she did.  Ignore the wonky eye.  This is Malachai.  His complexion and eyes are his mother's.  He is Grumpy and Neurotic.  I chose to randomize the traits rather than choose.  It means more variety and more material to work with as the kids develop personalities that are more different han similar. 


I wish I could end this installment here, but I really can't.

  Meet Lorenzo, the babysitter.  Why a sitter, you ask?  What possible reason could a new mother have to leave her newborn child on the day of his birth?

Stupid reputation.  Worst addition to the game ever.

As it turns out, having a child out of wedlock is frowned upon.  As it turns out, I kind of got a bad reputation for it.  I wasn't sure what I could do, but the option to sue for slander existed, so even though this rumor was entirely true, I sued anyway.  As it turned out, I lost.

Oh, and the cat is not friends with me anymore.

Worst addition to the game ever.

Note to self: finish enclosing the house ASAP.


So that's it for now, folks.  One nooboo, as promised.  Since Gussie will age and Melinda won't, I'm planning to use him to father the brood until Grim comes for him.  After that, we'll have to see.  Hope you stop back in next time, partner!

Nice . . . swimsuit pattern!

1 comment: